Since 2011, the use of video interview has risen 49% in Australia and 6 out of 10 HR managers have used videos to interview candidates.
Why Video Interview?
Because it works for both employers, HRs and candidates.
Video Interview Software
Seed has recently signed up for a new video interviewing tool called myInterview. We’re excited to use this program in some of the courses (and some new things we’re working on) to help you practice and get feedback on your interviewing skills.
Video Interview Preparation Tips
If the idea of recording yourself is new to you, here are some tips. In fact, the preparation for a video interview is not too much different from an in-person one!
- Tip 1: Think of the same way you would attend an in-person interview. You will need to fully understand the job description, the company profile, and industry.
- Tip 2: Prepare the interview questions and practice!
- Tip 3: Set up your webcam or smartphone camera, and microphone. Making sure the battery is sufficient.
- Tip 4: Find a good location to video yourself. Take the interview in a quiet place where you won’t be interrupted. Ask your housemates to keep noise to a minimum and make sure any pets are kept away from the interview room.
- Tip 5: Complete a practice video. View the tutorial if there is one available.
- Tip 6: Choose the appropriate clothes. Look as professional as you would in an in-person interview.